The IndyFruit Experience
Produce is increasingly seen as a statement of total store quality, variety, and freshness. Consumers often measure a store's overall appeal on the produce department. That's why Indianapolis Fruit is focused on helping retailers continually improve and distinguish themselves competitively. In fact, we invite you to see our commitment in action: read more about our Food Safety Inspected Warehouse, check out our Distribution Network or call us up for a personal tour of our Indianapolis facility.
Family owned & operated since 1947 – with multiple generations dedicated to the passionate pursuit of education, customer service, and advancement in the produce industry – there's always something going on Inside Indianapolis Fruit:
- Our produce buyers are closely studying daily market reports to find the freshest produce at the most competitive costs. Their hard work makes more than 3,000 SKUs available on a daily basis. They work with vendors around the world in such markets as Holland, Belgium, Israel, Mexico, Central, and South America. Closer to home they’ve created tight knit relationships with local/regional growers and during peak season you'll reap the benefits of our commitment to the local/regional movement.
- All products are inspected by trained professionals for grade, quality and freshness. Then the produce is stored in climate-controlled areas specifically designed for the unique temperature, humidity and ethylene-level requirements of each item.
- The Food Safety & Quality Manager is following documented procedures to insure the safety of our products during receiving, storage and shipment.
- Trained drivers are delivering fresh produce 365 days a year in state-of-the-art trucks that are continuously monitored for the temperature of the load and its location.
- Our friendly customer service representatives are helping clients find a wide variety of fruit, vegetable and floral products. Contact us to learn how we can help you.