General Position Summary
The Building Maintenance & Sanitation Technician is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance in all facets of the facility. This position requires that the individual has a working knowledge and physical aptitude to perform many of the repair and maintenance functions without supervision. This position is also responsible for the proper utilization of the facility safety programs and utilizing proper Lock-out Tag-out procedures for applicable equipment.
- Perform functions relevant to the maintenance department.
- Capable of performing maintenance tasks and documentation without direct supervision.
- Organize, streamline and maintain the maintenance functions for the facility in a manner that will reduce wasted expenditures on labor and materials.
- Organize, restructure and maintain the physical maintenance footprint to provide a clean and well-organized work station with an organized parts and tool inventory.
- Recommend outside resources for repairs that are outside the level of expertise or certification of current staff members.
- Comply with all applicable SQF (Safe Quality Foods) regulations while performing maintenance tasks.
- Assist in any efforts to maintain a clean and contamination free facility.
- Maintain a computerized master file tool and parts inventory.
- Utilize a PM and repair log with detailed descriptions of the work performed and parts used.
- Maintain regular and satisfactory full-time attendance.
- Perform work outside of normal business hours as needed and required.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Travel by driving auto or by flying commercially as needed and required.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Work in cold and wet cooler conditions for extended periods of time.
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
Prerequisites for Position
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Related trade-school degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of recent and successful experience performing the above functions in a significant manufacturing or warehouse / distribution environment.
- Proficient skills in maintenance software, Microsoft Office and common e-mail systems.
- A journeyman understanding and proficiency in industrial electrical, plumbing, millwork, construction and welding is preferred.
- Must possess valid identification.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
* * * * *