Business Development Manger – Michigan
REMOTE POSITION – Responsible for Michigan territory.
Indianapolis Fruit is a premier full service produce distribution and processing company in the Midwest.
The Business Development Manager position is responsible for building the retail grocery segment for the company and building a business that sells to the independent retail grocers and distributor network throughout an assigned geographic territory. The BDM will be responsible for directly selling into these accounts and developing new business for this segment.
- Provide the hands-on leadership to create a business that delivers to the corporate objectives.
- Deliver to the assigned revenue and margin objectives.
- Develop the sales strategy and plans to penetrate the specific retail grocery accounts.
- Negotiate contracts and terms that meet volume, pricing and delivery timing requirements at optimal product margin.
- Coordinate with supply chain and product development to ensure timely development of product and accurate order fulfillment.
- Provide reliable estimates and forecasts of future sales for company projections.
- Solicit, evaluate and advocate for customer product and feature requests to improve offerings and service.
- Collaborate directly with Area Managers on existing and prospect accounts.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Sales and Marketing Director – Indianapolis Fruit Company, LLC
- Start-Up Smart (willing to do what’s needed whenever and wherever needed)
- Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical & strategic)
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Innovative and creative thinking (need fresh thinking)
- Listening skills (listen first, then respond)
- Influencing (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal)
- Negotiation skills (proven ability to seek and close the right deals)
- Complex problem-solving (create options, then converge)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Player-Coach (leads by selling and managing accounts while mentoring others)
- Retail Grocery Channel– Specific, proven experience developing a portfolio of products for grocery retailers and developing a network to service the specialty independent grocery channel. Direct and recent experience selling produce products into these accounts. Ideally, the manager has top-to-top relationship management experience with senior management, merchandisers, and buyers. Track record of establishing and sustaining customer relationships at all key levels to achieve desired results.
- Customer-Team Experience– History of working seamlessly with other functional counterparts on the overall go-to-market strategy, new product initiatives and customer specific plans. History of consistently using individual customer goals, strategies and capabilities to tailor programs that generate success for both company and customer.
- Conceptual Selling– Demonstrated ability to integrate key industry trends, consumer understanding, competitive landscape and category management into a conceptual sales presentation that secures agreement to a recommended business plan that achieves mutual objectives.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel by driving auto or by flying commercially as needed and required (includes overnight).
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
Prerequisites for Position:
- College coursework related to above functions (related Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and common E Mail systems.
- Valid identification or driver’s license (if appropriate).
COMPENSATION – Base salary and performance based bonus
BENEFITS – Company vehicle, company phone, medical, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.