Retail Sales Account Manager
General Position Summary
The Retail Sales Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining professional customer relationships by serving as the primary inside business contact.
- Provide consistency and excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Develop a professional working relationship that best serves customer needs.
- Achieve goals in sales and growth that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develop and encourage new and repeat business opportunities with assigned customers.
- Maintain all customer communications: daily orders, credit resolution, quality resolution, order fulfillment, and delivery satisfaction.
- Inspect product quality to meet customer expectations.
- Provide customers with weekly pricing, ad, and promotional product quotes.
- Work closely with customers to maintain a continuous knowledge of sales goals and future sales opportunities.
- Communicate customer goals and directives to the Director of Sales and the support team.
- Communicate to customers all products and services available to them according to their demographic and service capabilities.
- Communicate all industry related information and data to customers that will contribute to their growth and education.
- Analyze customer product categories and profit margins to develop plans for growth and profitability.
- Communicate seasonal and new product information to customers daily.
- Forecast ad and promotional volumes to the IFCO Transport, Inc. team.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of competition and products in each customers’ geographic region.
- Maintain regular and satisfactory full-time attendance.
- Perform work outside of normal business hours as needed and required.
- Provide two-way communications to the IFCO Transport, Inc. team on sales and product opportunities.
- Attend and participate in the daily procurement meeting.
- Customer store visitations and meetings as required.
- Educational events as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Retail & Inside Sales Manager – Indianapolis Fruit Company, Inc.
- Travel by driving auto or by flying commercially as needed and required (includes overnight).
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
Prerequisites for Position
- High school diploma or GED equivalent plus related specialized coursework and at least one year successful fresh produce wholesale or retail sales or related management experience.
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office, produce industry software (or equivalent) and common e-mail systems are required.
- Valid identification or driver’s license (if appropriate).
- Sales experience required.
- Produce experience (Retail preferably).
- Math skills (Gross Profit, Suggest Retails, Percentages).
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *