Since 1947, Indianapolis Fruit has been delivering fresh fruits and vegetables to our valued retail partners throughout the Midwest.
Indianapolis Fruit is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated person with a positive attitude to fill our Order Control Dispatcher position! Pay will be based on job related experience. We look forward to you joining our family!
The Order Control Clerk Dispatcher position is responsible for the dispatching of outbound trucks and collaborating with drivers, warehouse employees, and office personnel to dispatch outbound trucks and to operate an efficient transportation department.
- Dispatch trucks on a regular basis
- Coordinate the filling of just-in-time product on outbound trucks
- Process outbound orders
- Receive late additional orders from customers
- Accept and respond to customer correspondence quickly
- Coordinate and monitor all pickups and backhauls
- Communicate all route issues, including late dispatches, breakdowns, accidents, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Sales Team and Operations Team on route progress
- Secure a fill-in driver in the event of a late call-off
- Maintain working knowledge of routes and locations to assure a timely delivery and accurate information
- Monitors and assists drivers on Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs)
- Help ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Compile data from clearly defined sources and prepare reports; answer telephone, route calls or messages
Preferred high school diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years of recent and successful experience at a refrigerated food manufacturing or distribution center.
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance after 90 days
- 401K after 1 year of service
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Robust Industry Training
Contact: email@example.com to apply.
* * * * *